Sunday, September 19, 2010

Chocolate Panna Cotta


Being lactose intolerant, you'd expect me to steer clear of anything that even has the slightest trace of milk, but this isn't the case at all. I love any type of cheese, Macaroni and Cheese is a nostalgic favorite, and tembleque is my favorite Spanish dessert. Which leads me into this recipe I found for Chocolate Panna Cotta. Now, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate, but luckily, the chocolate is pretty much used for just aesthetics. The recipe is extremely easy to follow and the ingredients don't really call for much, they're all things that are easily picked up a local grocer.

The Panna Cotta recipe calls for:
1.5 cups whole milk
4 teaspoons unflavored powdered gelatin
4.5 cups heavy cream
good quality cocoa powder, 2 to 4 tablespoons
3/4 cup sugar
pinch of salt
chocolate and white chocolate bars, for garnish

See? Nice and easy. I have yet to make this recipe myself, but as soon as I have the time or ability, you can be sure that I'll most likely eat everything I made by myself. ;)

The full recipe can be viewed at The Italian Dish

No comments:

Post a Comment